Sports Injury Consultation & Treatment Plan
We’re excited to offer this service led by Physiotherapist Thomas Fallon (MCSP). Thomas has vast amounts of experience within the injury assessment, rehabilitation and prevention domain. You can read a little more about the service below.
- A detailed assessment of previous injury history, training status etc. via a phone and/or video consultation.
- An objective assessment including: specific tests, movement analysis, equipment set up etc.
- Injury prognosis and diagnosis (if possible).
- Injury breakdown and advice.
- Rehab goal setting.
- Stage 1 rehabilitation programme with accompanying video resources.
- Tie in with your coaching team where necessary.
Contact us for more information.
Injury Screening for Cyclists
The screening can identify any factors that may increase the risk of a musculoskeletal injury in the approaching the racing season or after your rest period at the end of season.
Further benefits include the potential to improve your athletic performance. By assessing your strength, mobility, function and technique specific to your sport, areas to improve upon can be identified. An overall reduction in off season or in-season injury will allow you to optimise your training consistency and racing availability.
What will it entail?
A basic musculoskeletal injury screening assessment will take roughly 60 minutes to complete. This is delivered over Microsoft teams. Positional video analysis is done prior to consultation with feedback being included within consultation
The following areas (among others) are considered:
- Joint range of motion
- Upper & lower limb flexibility
- Trunk control
- Posture on/off the bike
- Balance and coordination
- On the bike technique (Sent prior to Appointment)
- Discipline specific considerations
Following the musculoskeletal screening, a detailed summary report can be provided including all test results and measured values outlining your functional abilities. The report will include advice regarding injury risk as well as recommendations on how to best manage the problems identified. An individualised injury prevention exercise program will be prescribed incorporating appropriate exercises to target the areas that require improvement. This may include Physiotherapy treatment follow up if required, stretching and mobility exercises, specific strengthening exercises, motor control exercises, drills or strategies to improve functional technique and advice regarding regular self-maintenance.
Contact us below for more info.